NEW YORK (AP) — Dan Rather will host an hourlong television special in two weeks on five musicians who have died within the past 13 months, featuring his own interview with the late Merle Haggard.
The special also focuses on Prince, David Bowie, Natalie Cole and B.B. King and is scheduled for June 7 on AXS-TV. The former CBS News anchor has been conducting interviews for the entertainment-oriented network for the past few years.
Haggard performs “Sing Me Back Home” following his last interview with Rather.
The special also features interviews with Prince’s friend Andre Cymone, Bowie’s childhood friend George Underwood, King’s drummer T.C. Coleman and Cole producer David Foster.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'