Daisy Ridley has deleted her Instagram account after some backlash over a post about the victims of gun violence.
People magazine reports the star of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” wrote on Instagram on Monday that tears were streaming down her face during a tribute to victims of gun violence at the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday. She ended her post with #stoptheviolence.
The magazine says the 24-year-old Ridley soon received backlash from fans over the message. The Instagram account and a corresponding Facebook post were later deleted.
Ridley’s Facebook page remains active.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
Ridley’s publicist didn’t immediately return a request for comment.