Country singer Craig Morgan says the death of his son is “the hardest thing we have ever had to endure as a family.”
Nineteen-year-old Jerry Greer was found dead Monday evening in a northwestern Tennessee lake following a boating accident. Authorities say Greer and a friend had been tubing when the accident occurred. Greer’s friend resurfaced, but Greer did not. Both were wearing life jackets.
In a Facebook post Wednesday, Morgan says, “Jerry may be gone from this earth, and we will miss him every day, but his spirit will live on in our hearts.”
Morgan’s hits include “That’s What I Love About Sunday” and “Redneck Yacht Club.” He’s the host of “Craig Morgan: All Access Outdoors,” which is in its seventh season on the Outdoor Channel.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location