NEW YORK (AP) — Conan O’Brien credits his “good agent” for his latest gig — host of the Nobel Peace Prize concert.
The annual event is set for Dec. 11 in Oslo, Norway. Halsey will perform. Previous hosts include Jay Leno and Sarah Jessica Parker, while entertainment has ranged from Mary J. Blige to Paul McCartney.
O’Brien, who hosts his own late-night show, “Conan,” on TBS, said in statement Thursday that it was an honor to host the concert. He jokingly thanked his agent.
This year’s peace prize was awarded to Juan Manuel Santos, the Colombian president who has worked to end that nation’s civil war, which has lasted more than five decades and killed more than 200,000 people.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud