NEW YORK (AP) — Stand-up comic and TV star Jerrod Carmichael is now set to be an author.
The creator-star of NBC’s “The Carmichael Show” has signed to write his first book. The as-yet-untitled memoir will explore his life through the framework of the personal interactions that have shaped his world view, according to his publisher, Random House.
Carmichael said he’s excited to share his perspectives on some of the most interesting people I’ve encountered, in what I consider the most important medium: the written word.”
No release date for the book was disclosed.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
“The Carmichael Show,” which follows a fictional version of the comedian and his family, premiered in August 2015 and has been renewed for a third season.