Former “Teen Wolf” star Colton Haynes says “terminal anxiety” is what prompted him to take a break from television.
The 27-year-old tells Entertainment Weekly in an interview published Thursday that he asked to step away from MTV’s “Teen Wolf” and the CW’s “Arrow,” on which he had a recurring role, because he cared more about his “mental and physical health” than his career.
Haynes tells the magazine his anxiety was compounded in January when a reply to a blog comment was taken as him coming out. He says he’s gay, but had never publicly spoken about his sexuality.
He says he checked into rehab for anxiety and was frequently in the hospital over the next three months.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
Haynes says he’s happy and healthy now and open to a return to his “Arrow” role.