LOS ANGELES (AP) — CNN’s “Legal View” host Ashleigh Banfield is moving to a new channel.
Banfield will join CNN sister channel HLN as host of a prime-time program covering social and legal issues.
She announced the new job on her program Thursday, saying she was “super excited to do it.” Her five-year daytime stint on “Legal View” will end Aug. 23, Banfield said.
She noted that she’s following other CNN colleagues, including Michaela Pereira, over to HLN.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
CNN Executive Vice President Ken Jautz, in an internal memo that was released publicly, said Banfield will add her “passionate point of view” to the coverage of pressing issues and help HLN continue to refocus on its news roots.
The new show will air 8-9 p.m. EDT Monday through Thursday, starting Oct. 17.