NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — CMT has named Carrie Underwood, Chris Stapleton, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett as their 2016 artists of the year.
The television network also announced on Tuesday that Kelsea Ballerini will receive an award for breakout artist of the year.
Stapleton and Rhett are first-time recipients for the artist of the year honor, although the Grammy-winning Stapleton took home the breakout artist of the year award last year.
All these artists will be honored at a television special premiering from the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, Tennessee, on Oct. 20. Each artist will be honored with special performances, which will be announced at a later date.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.