NEW YORK (AP) — Christie Brinkley and John Mellencamp have split up after a year of dating.
A spokeswoman for both the model-actress and the popular singer-songwriter cited their careers and the distance between their homes as the reason for the breakup.
Brinkley danced around a question from People magazine regarding the possibility of marrying Mellencamp in an interview last month , saying “John and I are two people that have very full lives.”
The 62-year-old Brinkley has been promoting her new line of prosecco and champagne. She put her 20-acre Hamptons estate up for sale for $30 million in June.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
Mellencamp, who’s 64, is set to head out on tour this fall.