The party will take over the block east of Denny Park and will feature music, food and steamrollers making posters.
The sidewalks in the South Lake Union neighborhood teem with traffic on a normal weekday, thanks to Amazon and other businesses, but the congestion will probably double or triple Friday (Aug. 12), when the 12th edition of the South Lake Union Block Party gets under way.
The TGIF shindig takes place on the block east of Denny Park bounded by Denny Way, Westlake Avenue North, John Street and Ninth Avenue North. In addition to live music, there will be food trucks, a beer garden, a “best burger in SLU” competition and a visual-arts contest involving steamrollers that print giant posters. The festival is free to the public.
Proceeds from food booths and other activities go to the Cascade Playground Activation Committee.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, 101 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle; (206-342-5900 or slublockparty.com).