Kirkland's Canine Festival & Dog Walk, July 23, 2011, offers exhibitors and food booths, dog competitions, entertainment and more.
If every dog has his day, and these are the dog days of summer, then it must be time for Go Dog, Go!, Kirkland’s Canine Festival & Dog Walk.
Bring Fido (as long as he’s well-behaved, older than 6 months and wearing a short leash) to this warm-and-fuzzy celebration of pooches featuring games, contests, demos and more. There’ll be treats (“Treats?!?!?,” says Fido) for two-legged and four-legged guests; live music and entertainment; souvenir photos; exhibits of doggy clothes, gear and safety gadgets; canine clubs; and adoptable pets.
Fido will be in awe (and you’ll be in “aww”) watching the FDDO Cascade Classic Disc Dog Competition, the Emerald City K9 Freestyle Dancers and flyball and agility demonstrations.
Admission to the festival is free; there’s also a new 2-mile dog walk at 9:30 a.m., but that’s $20 for the family, so all we’re going to say about that is that you’ll need to register first (425-587-3336 or the website below).
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Juanita Beach Park, 9703 N.E. Juanita Drive, Kirkland; free admission (425-587-3347 or www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/parks/SpecialEvents/GoDogGo.htm).
Sandy Dunham, Seattle Times features staff