NEW YORK (AP) — Winning? Famously rambunctious former sitcom star Charlie Sheen will star in and executive produce a movie for Crackle, the streaming network said Tuesday.
The film, “Mad Families,” is described as a multi-generational comedy starring Sheen as a lovable man-child with a heart of gold.
It also features Leah Remini and Clint Howard, and was written by actor-comedian David Spade with Fred Wolf, who is directing. No premiere date was disclosed.
Sheen starred in the hit CBS sitcom “Two and a Half Men” for eight seasons before being dismissed in 2011 after a heated clash with the show’s producers and studio.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
He made headlines last November when he publicly revealed that he was HIV-positive, while insisting he was healthy and that his partying days were over.