NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Singer Charles Kelley of the country group Lady Antebellum and his wife, Cassie, announced the birth of their first child, Ward Charles Kelley.
The birth announcement was posted Thursday on Womanista.com, a website Cassie Kelley founded. The baby boy was born Thursday at 9:20 a.m. Central, weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces, and measuring 20 inches long.
The Kelleys said in a statement that he had “his momma’s nose and daddy’s eyes and vocal chords and a head full of blond hair.”
Kelley just released his debut solo album “The Driver,” while the band is on a break and is nominated for a Grammy next week for best country duo/group performance for the album’s title song.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle