NEW YORK (AP) — The Grammy Awards this year will have a little Broadway sparkle: The cast of “Hamilton” will perform live via satellite from the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
It will be the first time the Grammys have made room for a Broadway show since “American Idiot” in 2010.
The cast will be part of huge list of performers in Los Angeles on Feb. 15 including Adele, James Bay, Andra Day, Ellie Goulding, Sam Hunt, Tori Kelly, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, Little Big Town, Carrie Underwood and The Weeknd.
Written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, “Hamilton” tells the true story of Alexander Hamilton, a Founding Father and the nation’s first treasury secretary. It is told by a young African-American and Latino cast and has become a sensation like few Broadway shows.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows