KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) — Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter says he was just trying to enjoy a vacation when he was arrested outside a Florida Keys bar.
Carter, who’s 35, faces a misdemeanor battery charge after allegedly grabbing a bouncer by the throat Wednesday evening. He posted $1,500 bail Thursday.
The Key West Citizen (http://bit.ly/1U0491o ) reports that as he left the Monroe County Detention Center, Carter told reporters he was “just a guy trying to enjoy some vacation time” in Key West.
He added: “The truth will come out, let’s put it that way.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
According to a police report, Carter and a friend were intoxicated and aggressive when they were denied serviced and escorted from the bar.
Judge Ruth Becker ordered both men not to drink alcohol or to return to the bar.