Carrie Fisher has revealed that Princess Leia’s romance with Han Solo in “Star Wars” extended off-screen, as well.
Fisher tells People magazine that she enjoyed an “intense” affair with co-star Harrison Ford during the filming of the 1977 blockbuster.
Fisher was 19 and Ford was 33 and married at the time of what she says was a three-month affair. The actress tells People, “It was Han and Leia during the week, and Carrie and Harrison during the weekend.” She says the romance ended when shooting on the film did.
Fisher writes about the fling in her new book “The Princess Diarist,” which recounts her experiences on the “Star Wars” set. She says that she gave Ford a heads-up about the book and he received a draft.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
A representative for Ford didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.