LOS ANGELES (AP) — Carrie Ann Inaba is no longer a temp on “The Talk.”
The CBS daytime show announced Wednesday that Inaba has joined the panel of hosts, moving up from recurring guest host.
“The Dancing With the Stars” judge replaces Julie Chen, who left the talk show in September.
Chen’s departure came a week after her husband, CBS Corp. boss Leslie Moonves, was ousted from the company due to sexual misconduct allegations.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
In announcing her exit on-air, Chen appeared to endorse Inaba as her successor.
Inaba, who has served as guest host on “The Talk” for two seasons, joins hosts Sara Gilbert, Sheryl Underwood, Sharon Osbourne and Eve.
Inaba’s career in dance includes performing on Madonna’s “The Girlie Show World Tour.” She’s also an actress and singer.