LOS ANGELES (AP) — Steve Carell is starring in a new workplace comedy that could be out of this world.
Netflix said Wednesday that Carell is re-teaming with “The Office” producers Greg Daniels and Howard Klein on the series “Space Force.”
It’s about the people assigned to create a sixth branch of the armed services focused on space, the streaming service said.
The premise is grounded in reality: Last year, the Trump administration directed the Pentagon to form a Space Command aimed at the creation of a Space Force branch.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
Carell and Daniels are the sitcom’s co-creators and will serve as executive producers along with Klein.
Daniels co-created NBC’s 2015-13 “The Office,” based on the original Ricky Gervais-Stephen Merchant U.K. mockumentary series.