Tickets will go on sale this week at noon, Friday.
Bumbershoot will begin selling weekend passes to the 2016 edition of the festival at noon Friday, Nov. 20. The festival takes place Friday-Sunday, Sept. 2-4, Labor Day weekend. Note that this year there is no programming on Labor Day itself (Monday, Sept. 5) and that Friday programming has been restored.
“(We are) making it more friendly for fans going to work/school on Tuesday and (also for) a travel day home for out of towners,” explained Andy Roe, publicist for AEGLive, which produces Bumbershoot.
Roe added that the festival also wanted to include the Mayor’s Arts Awards, which take place on Friday, as part of the festival.
Prices have yet to be announced, but tickets will be available via Bumbershoot.com. The annual summer music and arts festival will again include performances in Memorial Stadium and KeyArena as well as bringing back Silent Disco to EMP.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden and Dave Matthews Band nominated for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Look out, Netflix: 4 new streaming services will be launching soon
- South Korean pop star Sulli found dead at her home
- 'The Fabulous Baker Boys,' now 30, elegantly captured a bygone Seattle, even as we've moved on
- Beer and books? We're in! Our writers compete in Book Trivia at Optimism Brewing. | Art Outings