FREEHOLD, N.J. (AP) — Bruce Springsteen is heading home to start a book tour later this month.
Springsteen announced a nine-stop book tour Monday that will begin at a bookstore in his childhood hometown of Freehold on Sept. 27.
Springsteen’s memoir, “Born to Run,” will be released the same day. The book tour comes after Springsteen and the E Street Band wrap up a 75-show music tour on Wednesday in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Fans at the ticketed events will get a signed copy of the book.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.
Springsteen’s book tour will also stop in New York; Philadelphia; Seattle; Los Angeles; San Francisco; Cambridge, Massachusetts; and Portland, Oregon.
In the book, Springsteen remembers his childhood in New Jersey, his rise to superstardom and personal struggles that inspired songs such as “Born to Run” and “Thunder Road.”