Bruce Springsteen will make an appearance at the Elliott Bay Book Company at noon Saturday, Oct. 1, to sell copies of his new autobiography, "Born to Run." Tickets cost $32.50 and are available on the book store's website.
Bruce Springsteen will make an appearance at the Elliott Bay Book Company at noon Saturday, Oct. 1, to sell copies of his new autobiography, “Born to Run.” Tickets cost $32.50 and are available online at Elliott Bay Book Company.
What can fans expect from the Boss?
“It’s an appearance, people with a ticket get a signed book,” said Karen Maeda Allman, events coordinator for the Elliott Bay Book Company. “We expect that this is going to go really quickly, fans should act now.”
Maeda Allman also noted that though Springsteen will be present, he will not be personalizing any of the books and the website makes it clear he will not be performing.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
Each ticket includes one signed copy of Springsteen’s memoir, no additional books or memorabilia will be signed. One book per person and attendees must appear in person to get a signed copy.
Springsteen, who turns 67 on Sept. 23, told Vanity Fair about the memoir: “I had to find the roots of my own troubles and issues and the joyful things that have allowed me to put on the kind of shows that we put on.”
Hardcover copies of the 528 page book will be published Sept. 27 via Simon & Schuster.