LONDON (AP) — Prince William has supported his brother Prince Harry, who has called for restraint in coverage of his private life.
A Kensington Palace press spokesman said Monday that William “absolutely understands the situation concerning privacy.”
The comments were made in response to press questions after a newspaper suggested that William disagreed with Harry’s decision to publicly complain about coverage of his relationship with new girlfriend Meghan Markle.
The spokesman says William supports Harry’s desire to support “those closest to him.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
Harry took the unusual step earlier this month of confirming his relationship with Markle, an American actress, and saying he was concerned for her safety because of press harassment.
She recently visited Harry in London.