NEW YORK (AP) — TV and Broadway star Laura Benanti is pregnant, and she and her husband are expecting a baby girl this winter.
Benanti, who won a Tony Award in the Broadway revival of “Gypsy,” posted a photo online Wednesday of herself and her husband, Patrick Brown, each reading a copy of “What to Expect When You’re Expecting.” The caption read: “Doing a little research with Patrick!” Her publicist confirmed the news.
Benanti has made appearances on “Supergirl,” ”Nurse Jackie,” ”Nashville,” ”The Good Wife,” ”Go On” and NBC’s live version of “The Sound of Music.” She earned a Tony nomination last season on Broadway for “She Loves Me.”
The actress and singer also earned raves this election cycle for doing a spot-on impersonation of Melania Trump on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director