NEW YORK (AP) — Britney Spears is returning to the MTV Video Music Awards stage after 10 years.
MTV said Tuesday that Spears will perform her latest single, “Make Me…,” at the Aug. 28 show at New York’s Madison Square Garden. Spears last performed at the 2007 VMAs.
Rapper G-Eazy will hit the stage alongside the pop star this year.
The 34-year-old Spears will release her new album, “Glory,” two days before the VMAs. Spears’s VMA career has included five wins and 28 nominations.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
Beyonce is this year’s leading nominee with 11, followed by Adele, who earned eight nominations. They will compete for video of the year along with Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Drake.
Rihanna will also perform at the live show and receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.