Pop star Britney Spears is giving the clothes off her back to raise money for the Red Cross to benefit victims of widespread flooding in her home state of Louisiana.
Spears, who’s from Kentwood, tweeted out links Tuesday to a fundraising site that offers $10 raffle tickets to win an outfit from her upcoming performance on Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards or a trip to New York to see her at the show in person.
More than 115,000 people across south Louisiana have signed up for federal disaster assistance after the catastrophic flooding that began Aug. 12. At least 13 deaths have been attributed to the flooding, and more than 60,000 homes were damaged by the storm.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival