Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the "American Idol" runner-up and Bothell's foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings...
Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the “American Idol” runner-up and Bothell’s foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings/Arista Records, E! Online reported Friday.
“Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent,” said Clive Davis, chairman and CEO of BMG Label Group, Arista’s parent. “His collaborators are all knocked out by him.”
Among those who will work on Lewis’ debut: Jonathan “JR” Rotem, Sean Kingston, Ryan “Alias” Tedder, S*A*M and Sluggo.
The album is slated to be released later this year. No word yet on the album’s title.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- ZooTunes summer concert lineup 2019 taking shape
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- Seattle Opera to become 1 of only 2 big opera companies in the U.S. led by a woman
- ‘Us’ review: Jordan Peele’s gripping horror-film follow-up to ‘Get Out’ is scary as hell WATCH
- K-pop star Jung Joon-young arrested in sex video scandal
Seattle Times staff