Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the "American Idol" runner-up and Bothell's foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings...
Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the “American Idol” runner-up and Bothell’s foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings/Arista Records, E! Online reported Friday.
“Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent,” said Clive Davis, chairman and CEO of BMG Label Group, Arista’s parent. “His collaborators are all knocked out by him.”
Among those who will work on Lewis’ debut: Jonathan “JR” Rotem, Sean Kingston, Ryan “Alias” Tedder, S*A*M and Sluggo.
The album is slated to be released later this year. No word yet on the album’s title.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Joe Walsh's VetsAid was a familial star-powered party at Tacoma Dome, raising $1.2 million
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- A giant light maze, skating trail and marketplace take over Safeco Field this winter
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers test out the new happy-hour tour at the Frye Art Museum VIEW
- Joe Walsh's VetsAid concert at Tacoma Dome unites rock greats for great cause
Seattle Times staff