Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the "American Idol" runner-up and Bothell's foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings...
Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the “American Idol” runner-up and Bothell’s foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings/Arista Records, E! Online reported Friday.
“Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent,” said Clive Davis, chairman and CEO of BMG Label Group, Arista’s parent. “His collaborators are all knocked out by him.”
Among those who will work on Lewis’ debut: Jonathan “JR” Rotem, Sean Kingston, Ryan “Alias” Tedder, S*A*M and Sluggo.
The album is slated to be released later this year. No word yet on the album’s title.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Queen + Adam Lambert conquer Tacoma Dome with blockbuster panache on Rhapsody tour
- 2 glassblowers, from Seattle and Tacoma, feel the fire on new Netflix competition 'Blown Away' WATCH
- KUBE 93.3's Summer Jam comeback concert is canceled
- The real-life family lie that inspired director Lulu Wang's 'The Farewell,' starring Awkwafina
- Ticket alert: Post Malone kicking off Runaway tour at Tacoma Dome
Seattle Times staff