Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the "American Idol" runner-up and Bothell's foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings...
Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the “American Idol” runner-up and Bothell’s foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings/Arista Records, E! Online reported Friday.
“Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent,” said Clive Davis, chairman and CEO of BMG Label Group, Arista’s parent. “His collaborators are all knocked out by him.”
Among those who will work on Lewis’ debut: Jonathan “JR” Rotem, Sean Kingston, Ryan “Alias” Tedder, S*A*M and Sluggo.
The album is slated to be released later this year. No word yet on the album’s title.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Emmys: An epic proposal, but winners lacking in diversity VIEW
- Seattle author Lindy West: it's 'a relief' that Hulu's adaptation of 'Shrill' is morphing from real life
- An ordinary man is trapped in a musical in Village Theatre's hilarious 'The Noteworthy Life of Howard Barnes'
- 2018 Emmy Winners: A Complete List
- Yes, that actually happened: An Emmy winner proposed on stage to his girlfriend
Seattle Times staff