Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the "American Idol" runner-up and Bothell's foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings...
Beatboxer Blake Lewis, 26, the “American Idol” runner-up and Bothell’s foremost celeb, has inked a recording contract with 19 Recordings/Arista Records, E! Online reported Friday.
“Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent,” said Clive Davis, chairman and CEO of BMG Label Group, Arista’s parent. “His collaborators are all knocked out by him.”
Among those who will work on Lewis’ debut: Jonathan “JR” Rotem, Sean Kingston, Ryan “Alias” Tedder, S*A*M and Sluggo.
The album is slated to be released later this year. No word yet on the album’s title.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Not even a goodbye: KIRO abruptly cancels 'The Ron & Don Show'
- Q13 Fox staffer fired after TV station airs altered Trump video WATCH
- Effervescent 'Hello, Dolly!' icon Carol Channing mourned VIEW
- The Who's symphonic Moving On! tour coming to Seattle's T-Mobile Park, backed by local orchestra
- Shura Baryshnikov comes to Seattle, pursuing her own kind of dance
Seattle Times staff