NEW YORK (AP) — After setting previous works in the 1960s and the 19th century, Sue Monk Kidd is going back to Biblical times for her next novel.
The author of such best-sellers as “The Secret Life of Bees” and the Oprah Winfrey choice “The Invention of Wings” is working on a book narrated by the wife of Jesus, Viking Penguin told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Monk has given the book the working title, “Ana, the Wife of Jesus.” A release date hasn’t been set.
According to the publisher, Kidd will tell of a “devout yet rebellious young woman” who meets Jesus when he’s 18. The novel will cover Jesus’ life from 18 to 30 and will be a story of “longing, attachment, separation, exile and reunion.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Our predictions for who will win at the 2023 Grammy Awards
- How Zach Bryan’s ‘Something in the Orange’ was made in Woodinville’s Bear Creek Studio
- Searchers find 2nd hiker in area where Julian Sands missing
- 11 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Lisa Marie Presley lost 40-50 pounds, took opioids before death, report says