Nelson Algren was a Chicago-based literary writer best known for his novel “The Man With the Golden Arm.” Now there is a short-story contest named in his honor, run by the Chicago Tribune. There are cash prizes! But the deadline is tonight at midnight (Jan. 31).
The story length can go up to 8000 words. Prizes: $3,500 for winner, other amounts for four finalists and five- runners-up. No submission fee, and the judging process is blind.
Intrigued? Got a short story tucked away just dying to see the light? Go to https://algren.submittable.com/submit.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate