Nelson Algren was a Chicago-based literary writer best known for his novel “The Man With the Golden Arm.” Now there is a short-story contest named in his honor, run by the Chicago Tribune. There are cash prizes! But the deadline is tonight at midnight (Jan. 31).
The story length can go up to 8000 words. Prizes: $3,500 for winner, other amounts for four finalists and five- runners-up. No submission fee, and the judging process is blind.
Intrigued? Got a short story tucked away just dying to see the light? Go to https://algren.submittable.com/submit.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Laine Hardy and 'American Idol' finalists electrify crowd at Museum of Flight's moon landing 50th anniversary concert
- Seattle's Intiman Theatre tries a radical experiment, giving away every ticket for free
- Feast your eyes on what the Bite of Seattle has to offer this weekend
- Capitol Hill celebrates summer at Block Party 2019 VIEW
- Scarlet Parke delivered Seattle’s pop album of the summer, just in time for Capitol Hill Block Party