Look for Anthony Bourdain, Emily Witt, David Sedaris, Marina Abramovic and the Seattle7Writers Holiday Bookfest with 27 local authors.
Famous chef, best-selling author, television producer and host discusses and signs “Appetites: A Cookbook,” his first cookbook in over a decade; 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13, Paramount Theatre, Seattle; $61.25-$171.25; may be sold out (206-682-1414 or ticketmaster.com).
Author discusses “Future Sex,” her experiences and observations in romance, sex and intimacy in the digital age, in conversation with UW professor of sociology and relationship expert Dr. Pepper Schwartz; 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, Town Hall Seattle; $5 (206-652-4255 or townhallseattle.org).
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Brown Paper Tickets, facing claims by many artists who are owed money, says coronavirus pandemic led to systems failure
- Live from Quarantine City: KEXP’s steady voices ‘see us through’ coronavirus pandemic
- Now streaming: 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,' 'Onward,' 'The Current War' and more VIEW
- Pacific Northwest Ballet furloughs all dancers, musicians and many on staff due to coronavirus pandemic
- Lizzo buys lunch for UW Medical Center staff and other hospitals in midst of coronavirus pandemic
Popular author discusses and signs “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls” and other books; 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16, Benaroya Hall, Seattle; $47-$57 (206-215-4747 or benaroyahall.org).
Seattle Arts & Lectures hosts Abramovic to discuss her memoir “Walk Through Walls.” She pioneered performance as a visual-art form in the 1970s and is known for her 2010 exhibit, “The Artist is Present,” at the Museum of Modern Art in New York; 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18, Town Hall Seattle; $10-$80 (206-652-4255 or lectures.org).
Seattle7Writers Holiday Bookfest
Readings and book signings by 27 local authors — including Kathleen Alcala, Steve Arntson, Erica Bauermeister, Sean Beaudoin, Terry Brooks, Lynn Brunelle, Dori Butler, Deb Caletti, Carol Cassella, Megan Chance, Robert Dugoni, Tim Egan, Laurie Frankel, Brent Hartinger, Mike Lawson, Jim Lynch, Bharti Kirchner, Clare Meeker, Donna Miscolta, Boyd Morrison, Kevin O’Brien, Ed Skoog, Garth Stein, Susan Wiggs and David B. Williams — with treats made by the authors. Bring three or more gently used books to donate to pocket library programs and get a reusable Seattle7Writers bag; 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 19, Phinney Neighborhood Center, Seattle; free (206-784-2244 or phinneycenter.org/authors).