NEW YORK (AP) — Bobby Brown is suggesting family friend Nick Gordon is to blame for the deaths of his ex-wife Whitney Houston and the couple’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
Houston was pronounced dead in February 2012 after being found submerged in a bathtub. Her death was ruled an accidental drowning. Brown was found unresponsive in a bathtub in January 2015. She went into a coma and died six months later. An autopsy couldn’t determine if her death was intentional or accidental. Both women had drugs in their systems.
Brown has joined a wrongful death suit against Gordon in his daughter’s death. He tells ABC News that “the same thing that happened to my daughter is what happened to Whitney.” He says “there’s only one person that was around both occasions,” but refuses to speak Gordon’s name.
Gordon denies having anything to do with Brown’s death.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- Beloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57