Blake Lively's style has inspired many, but she says it was her mother who helped to shape her own fashion sensibilities.
Blake Lively’s style has inspired many, but she says it was her mother who helped to shape her own fashion sensibilities.
Lively – the new face of Chanel’s “Mademoiselle” handbag – was honored by the famed fashion label at a dinner Wednesday night. At the event, Lively gave credit to her mother for educating her about fashion.
Lively says her mother was a model so she was always exposed to beautiful clothes. Her mother would also make clothes, and bring her daughters with her to buy fabrics.
Lively said besides the right look, confidence is key in making an outfit work. Though critics may disagree on one of her red-carpet looks, Lively says as long as she feels comfortable about what she’s wearing and is being herself, she loves it.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- How realistic is ‘The Queen’s Gambit’? Netflix series stuns a Seattle chess enthusiast WATCH
- 'All my love, Elliot': Actor Page comes out as transgender
- Why you'll want to disappear into Sam Raimi's haunting thriller 'A Simple Plan' | Movies with Moira WATCH
- Seattle’s Ijeoma Oluo calls out the elephant in the room in ‘Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America’
- Marcie Sillman, longtime Seattle arts reporter, is retiring after 35 years at KUOW