BALTIMORE (AP) — Singer Billy Joel will perform at Camden Yards this summer, the first concert to be held at the Orioles’ home ballpark since it opened in 1992.
The singer, who turns 70 in May, will take the stage on July 26. Tickets go on sale Jan. 18.
The announcement came Thursday during a news conference in the warehouse adjacent to the ballpark.
It won’t be the first time the singer has played outdoors in Baltimore. Joel’s performance at M&T Bank Stadium — home of the NFL’s Ravens — in July 2015 marked his first stage show in Baltimore since 1977.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
Orioles Executive Vice President John Angelos expressed hope that Joel’s show will be the “first of many” concerts at Camden Yards.