NEW YORK (AP) — The Vineyard Theatre’s annual gala will have a starry lineup including Sally Field, Santino Fontana, Ann Harada, Bill Irwin, John Kander, Bill Pullman, Molly Ringwald, Mercedes Ruehl, Stephen Spinella, Colman Domingo and Maura Tierney.
Actress Kathleen Chalfant and press agent Sam Rudy will be celebrated at the Vineyard’s March 14 fundraiser gala at Edison Ballroom. Individual tickets start at $1,000 and tables start at $10,000. Scott Schwartz will direct and Paul Masse will be the music director.
Chalfant, who earned a Tony nod in “Angels in America,” made her Vineyard debut in 1983 in Brian Friel’s “Faith Healer” and has appeared there in “The Party,” ”True History and Real Adventures” and “Somewhere Fun.” She has served on the theater company’s board for 20 years and is its newly elected president.
Rudy has spent 35 years as a publicist for Broadway and off-Broadway shows, 25 of them representing the Vineyard, including the groundbreaking shows “Three Tall Women,” ”The Scottsboro Boys” and “How I Learned to Drive.” He is the press agent for the Broadway smash “Hamilton” and also represents Cherry Lane Theatre, La MaMa and Ma-Yi Theater Company.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival