LONDON (AP) — MTV has announced the contenders for this year’s Europe Music Awards , with Beyonce and Justin Bieber coming out on top with five nods each for the music awards.
Bieber is up for Best Song for “Sorry,” while Beyonce is in the Best Video category for “Formation.” Bieber also takes on Best Pop Act, while Beyonce is up for Best Live Act.
The pair go head to head for Biggest Fans and both artists will fight it out in the male and female categories respectively, where Bieber will compete against Calvin Harris, Drake, Shawn Mendes and The Weeknd and Beyonce will face Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Adele.
Adele and Coldplay both have four nominations.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
This year’s EMAs will take place in Rotterdam on Nov. 6.
An earlier version of this story misidentified the Beyonce song “Formation” as “Foundation.”