LONDON (AP) — A British art dealer says he has bought a mural stenciled by street artist Banksy on a garage wall in Wales for more than 100,000 pounds ($129,000).
The artwork in Port Talbot shows a child playing in falling ash from a dumpster fire, an apparent reference to the steel town’s air pollution.
Security guards were hired to protect the work after it appeared in December on a steelworker’s garage.
John Brandler of Brandler Galleries in eastern England said Friday he has agreed that the mural will stay in place for at least two years.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- No plan for Smollett to do follow-up police interview Monday
- Trivia: Surprising facts about each U.S. president
- Burien rapper Travis Thompson signs major-label deal with Epic Records
- 6 movies open Feb. 15; our reviewers weigh in
- These books-turned-movies — including 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette' — are coming to screens near you
He said “I want to make Port Talbot a go-to place rather than a go-from place. Within a short time I’m thinking of bringing five or six more Banksys to Port Talbot. Let’s do an exhibition.