Baltimore's mayor has declared a "Frank Zappa Day" on the birthday of the late rocker and native son.
Baltimore’s mayor has declared a “Frank Zappa Day” on the birthday of the late rocker and native son.
Mayor Sheila Dixon declared the special day Monday. The eccentric musician was born in Baltimore on Dec. 21, 1940. He died in 1993.
Last week, Baltimore’s public art commission decided that it will erect a bust of Zappa outside a public library.
The bust was given to Baltimore by fans of Zappa from Lithuania, where his music was popular among the avant-garde in the early 1990s. A similar bust is a tourist attraction in Vilnius, the Lithuanian capital.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- An ice skating trail in Safeco Field? Yep — it's coming this winter
- No rope. No gear. 3,000 feet of granite. One man's amazing feat up El Capitan. WATCH
- 'Tea with the Dames': a grand time with 4 legends dishing on acting and love WATCH
- Jonah Hill's 'Mid90s': a hard-hitting slice of young skateboarder's life
- Showbox trial delayed after judge dismisses portion of lawsuit