STOCKHOLM (AP) — Tim Bergling, the Swedish DJ and producer better known by the stage name Avicii, says he will stop touring after this year.
In message posted Tuesday on his official website, Bergling says he will continue to make music “but I’ve decided this 2016 run will be my last tour and last shows.”
Bergling, 26, says he realized two weeks ago that he needed a change from his globe-trotting lifestyle, saying he yearned “for the life of a real person behind the artist.”
His best known hits include “Levels,” “Wake Me Up and “Hey Brother.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’