NEW YORK (AP) — Aretha Franklin is canceling some upcoming concerts to rest up.
The 74-year-old singer said in a statement Monday that “due to doctors’ orders I will have to cancel a few concerts for the next month or so,” including an Aug. 26 show at the Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts near Vienna, Virginia.
Franklin is canceling two performances at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall: She’ll skip “Tony Bennett Celebrates 90” on Sept. 15 and a solo show on Sept. 23.
The Queen of Soul said she should be back on the road in November. She canceled a show in Las Vegas last year because of exhaustion.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021