LONDON (AP) — Oscar-winning actress and activist Angelina Jolie has been appointed a visiting professor at one of Britain’s most prestigious universities.
The London School of Economics announced Monday that Jolie will be working with students studying for a master’s degree in Women, Peace and Security.
Among others appointed to teach the course is former British Foreign Secretary William Hague.
“I hope other academic institutions will follow this example, as it is vital that we broaden the discussion on how to advance women’s rights and end impunity for crimes that disproportionately affect women, such as sexual violence in conflict,” Jolie said in a statement.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
“I am looking forward to teaching and to learning from the students as well as to sharing my own experiences of working alongside governments and the United Nations.”