NEW YORK (AP) — Amy Schumer says she won’t be working on her Comedy Central series, “Inside Amy Schumer,” for “the foreseeable future.”
The comedian wrote Thursday on Twitter that “for the next year at least,” she’ll be touring and focusing on writing. She says a fifth season of the show is slated, but she’s happy Comedy Central is giving her time “to work on other projects.”
Schumer’s comments follow a tweet Wednesday in which she said, “We aren’t making the show anymore.”
Comedy Central had no immediate comment.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
Until now, there had been no indication the sketch-comedy series might be nearing its conclusion. After four seasons, it remains a popular and critical hit, having won a Peabody Award and two Emmys, with four Emmy nods this year.