NEW YORK (AP) — A visit to Hawaii for most people is relaxing and fun — but not for Amy Schumer.
The comedian says she was hospitalized this summer with bronchitis while shooting a film with Goldie Hawn in Hawaii.
As a guest Monday night on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,” Schumer said she had difficulty speaking, was bedridden and coughed so much that she fractured some ribs.
“Hawaii — it didn’t totally agree with me,” Schumer joked.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
The comedian, who is publicizing her book “The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo,” is taking a break from her sketch-comedy series “Inside Amy Schumer” so she can tour and focus on writing.