Comedy star Amy Poehler has been named 2015 Woman of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
Comedy star Amy Poehler has been named 2015 Woman of the Year by Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
The group said Tuesday Poehler’s comedy “fits so well with the Pudding’s own tradition of satire and social commentary.”
Poehler has a 2014 Golden Globe award and five Emmy nominations for her role as Leslie Knope on the NBC comedy series “Parks and Recreation.” She co-hosts the Globes telecast Sunday with Tina Fey on NBC.
Hasty Pudding is the nation’s oldest undergraduate drama troupe, dating to the late 18th century. Its annual awards go to performers who have made a lasting and impressive contribution. Last year’s winners were Helen Mirren and Neil Patrick Harris.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
Poehler will get a parade and roast Jan. 29.
The man of the year will be announced later.