NEW YORK (AP) — Qatar’s Al Jazeera English and Brazil’s TV Globo have received two nominations apiece for International Emmys in the news and current affairs categories.
In the news category, AJE was nominated for its coverage of the Nepal earthquake and TV Globo for its report linking the Zika virus to microcephaly. In the current affairs category, AJE was recognized for its report on dangers facing women in Afghanistan and TV Globo for a documentary on civilian victims of Syria’s civil war.
The other nominees in the news category are Britain’s Sky News and Russia’s RT News, while the current affairs nominees also include Britain’s ITN and Germany’s ARD/NRD.
The nominees were announced Tuesday by the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The winners will be announced at a Sept. 21 ceremony in New York.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
Online: www.iemmys.tv .