Pop star Christina Aguilera has released a new song, “Change,” following Sunday’s mass shooting at an Orlando nightclub.
The singer posted a lyric video of the song and a statement on her website on Thursday, which said that she wants to be a part of the change the world needs to be more inclusive.
The song features lyrics about waiting for hope and change and “waiting for the day when hate is lost and love is found.” The statement says proceeds from U.S. downloads through Sept. 14 will go to the National Compassion Fund to benefit the victims and their families.
Singer songwriter Melissa Etheridge also penned a song called “Pulse,” after the name of the club where 49 people were killed and dozens more injured.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021