The awards season is in full swing: The New York Film Critics Circle: "Sideways" best film, actor (Paul Giamatti) and supporting actress (Virginia Madsen); director, Clint...
The awards season is in full swing:
The New York Film Critics Circle: “Sideways” best film, actor (Paul Giamatti) and supporting actress (Virginia Madsen); director, Clint Eastwood, “Million Dollar Baby”; actress, Imelda Staunton, “Vera Drake”; supporting actor, Clive Owen, “Closer.”
The Los Angeles Film Critics Association: “Sideways” film, director (Alexander Payne), supporting actor (Thomas Haden Church), supporting actress (Madsen); actress, Staunton; actor, Liam Neeson, “Kinsey.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
New York Film Critics Online: “Sideways,” film and supporting actors, Church and Madsen; actor, Jamie Foxx, “Ray”; actress, Staunton; director, Martin Scorsese, “The Aviator.”
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees: U2, the Pretenders, the O’Jays, Percy Sledge and Buddy Guy.
“Ocean’s” steals top spot
on weekend box office
“Ocean’s Twelve,” the star-driven sequel to the theft caper “Ocean’s Eleven,” debuted at No. 1 at the box office, studio estimates showed Sunday.
Here are the top 10 (figures in millions): “Ocean’s Twelve,” $39.1; “Blade: Trinity,” $16; “National Treasure,” $10; “The Polar Express,” $9.6; “Christmas With the Kranks,” $7.6; “The Incredibles,” $5; “The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie,” $4.4; “Closer,” $3.7; “Finding Neverland,” $1.7; “Alexander,” $1.5.
Seattle Times news services