NEW YORK (AP) — Adele’s “Hello” has become the first song to sell one million tracks in a week.
Nielsen Music said Monday that Adele’s comeback track sold 1.11 million digital songs, setting a new record. Flo Rida’s “Right Round” previously had the record for most downloads in a week with 636,000.
“Hello” also debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart this week. It is Adele’s fourth No. 1 on the chart following “Rolling In the Deep,” ”Someone Like You” and “Set Fire to the Rain.”
“Hello” is the first single from Adele’s third album, “25,” to be released Nov. 20.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle