NEW YORK (AP) — Actress Robin Wright says she demanded the same pay as co-star Kevin Spacey for her work on “House of Cards” and got it.
Wright plays first lady Claire Underwood, an equally devious partner for Spacey’s President Frank Underwood, on the Netflix series.
The Huffington Post reports Wright said during a Tuesday interview at the Rockefeller Foundation in New York that she demanded equal pay after seeing statistics showing her character was more popular than Spacey’s for a period of time. She says she threatened to “go public” if she didn’t get paid.
Wright says there are few films or TV shows where “the patriarch and the matriarch are equal. And they are in ‘House of Cards.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
The Huffington Post was a partner on the Rockefeller Foundation event.