NEW YORK (AP) — Actress Raven-Symone is the latest host to leave the daytime chatfest “The View.”
She announced on the show Thursday that she’ll be gone before the end of the year. She’s producing and starring in a remake of the sitcom “That’s So Raven” for The Disney Channel, where she said her character will now be a single mom of two children, one of whom has “visions.”
“The View” audience can be forgiven for not getting too attached: Raven-Symone has been on the show since June 2015 and with her Hollywood obligations, has been appearing as little as once a week.
She said that she’s had a great time on “The View,” and leaped from her seat to pay tribute to the camera operators.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival