NEW YORK (AP) — NBC has made official the recent rumors that “Access Hollywood” anchor Billy Bush is joining “Today” for its 9 o’clock hour.
Bush will begin appearing on the New York-based morning show during NBC’s coverage of the Rio Olympics in August, the network said Tuesday.
Bush has hosted NBCUniversal’s “Access Hollywood” for 15 years and “Access Hollywood Live” for six years.
Earlier this month, NBC announced that “Today” news anchor Natalie Morales, who had been a member of the 9 o’clock team, is moving to Los Angeles to become the program’s West Coast anchor, and to host “Access Hollywood” and “Access Hollywood Live.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
The four-hour “Today” show airs weekdays from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Eastern time.