We asked readers for help in illustrating the 2015 Fall Arts Guide.
This year, we asked you, our readers, for your visions of fall. We promised that if we came across original artwork that we liked, we’d use it to illustrate our Fall Arts Guide. If we really, really liked it, we’d use it on the cover. The result? We received far more entries than we had room for. To see the entire gallery of reader submissions, go to: bit.ly/1L2yhYN.
- Fall 2015: The to-do list
- Fall books 2015: Jonathan Franzen, Elizabeth Gilbert, Simon Winchester
- Fall movie preview 2015: 40 tasty-looking films opening before Thanksgiving
- Fall classical 2015: ‘The Pearl Fishers,’ Lang Lang, Andras Schiff
- Fall comedy 2015: Kevin Hart, Lewis Black, Margaret Cho
- Fall dance 2015: Pat Graney, Mark Morris
- Fall pop & rock 2015: A$AP Rocky, The Who, Neil Young
- Fall theater 2015: ‘Annie,’ ‘If/Then,’ Audra McDonald
- Fall 2015 visual arts: Impressionism at SAM, Keeping Clam and a new art museum
- About the Fall Arts Guide cover
- Previously: Calling all artists: Submit your vision for the Fall Arts Guide
For the cover, we chose “Biking Through Shade and Sun in the Burke-Gilman Trail,” by Jayashree Krishnan of Seattle. “My style of painting is largely plein air. My brush goes with me on hikes and trails around the Seattle area as I stop to capture a scene or two,” Krishnan wrote.
To browse the top events of fall 2015, plus hundreds of listings, see the guide.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Michelle Obama discusses her book 'Becoming' with local book club members before Tacoma Dome talk VIEW
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- Vote for which book you'd like to read for Round 2 of Moira's Book Club discussions
- Big names and aspirations come with 5th Avenue Theatre's Broadway-bound musical 'Marie, Dancing Still' VIEW
- Crime fiction: Jasper Fforde's 'Early Riser' is not your average mystery novel